Broadcast Systems 90+ Mils
A broadcast system is primarily used when flooring conditions are in need for better impact resistance than a coating. This can be achieved by distributing the point of impact across the floor surface. Broadcast systems would also be useful for environments looking for a clean-able non-slip surface. These systems are epoxy based, with a sand aggregate broadcasted to excess into the wet coat of epoxy. Once cured, the excess sand is vacuumed off and a grout / seal coat of 100% solid epoxy is applied. After a cure cycle a chemical resistant urethane can be added for color stability and chemical resistance.
General system installation overview.
- Shot-blast / diamond grind substrate
- Clean / vacuum
- Clean & fill joints
- Patch cracks and divots
- Apply (1) pigmented epoxy primer @ 12 mils.
- Broadcast to excess sand aggregate
- Apply (1) grout / seal coat of epoxy @ 14 mils.
- Option on (1) top-coat chemical resistant urethane.