Super EMS Epoxy Mortar System Resin Rich 12,500 psi
When searching for a long-term solution to badly pitted, cracked and worn floors epoxy mortar systems are typically the answer. Our Super EMS Mortar is installed by a screed box at 3/16” to ¼” and power-troweled to finish. This resin rich system has a fill ratio of 11.9% : 1 resin to hardener vs a traditional resurfacer of 7.41:1. A resin rich system will provide higher compression strength combined with increased impact resistance. It will also greatly improve abrasion resistance. This system is less porous, providing a denser product with improved chemical resistance. Traditionally our mortar is pigmented the primary color of the top-coats applied.
Primary benefits when choosing a mortar system:
- Withstands heavy duty traffic.
- Added abrasion resistance
- 12,500 plus psi.
- Excellent chemical resistant properties
- VOC compliant
- Higher compression strength
- Top-coats are available in several degrees of non-slip.
Typical installations for Epoxy Mortar Systems
- Loading docks
- Drive aisles
- Wet process areas
- Areas that have been exposed to acids, caustics, grease, oil, animal fats.
- Steel wheel cart traffic
- Heavy forklift traffic
System installation overview:
- Shot-blast / diamond grind to clean and profile concrete
- Key in around drains, doorways, transitions
- Pre-fill low or heavily pitted cracked areas.
- Install Super EMS Mortar System with power-trowel finish.
- Grind to remove surface imperfections
- Cut & fill joints
- Install coating systems.