Coating Systems 16 – 25 MILS.
When choosing a coating system several factors can apply. Coating systems are normally applied over concrete substrates to provide a durable surface for industrial applications. It is always best to determine what it is you want to accomplish prior to choosing a system. Epoxy systems would be a starting point, however in some cases a chemical resistant urethane will also be necessary. Urethanes will offer better stain resistance, clean-ability, and UV resistance over the long term. Aluminum oxides can be integrated for better abrasion resistance. We can also offer a finer non-slip in a urethane than a traditional epoxy coating. These integrated non-slips are mechanical scrubber friendly to preserve and maintain your investment.
- Designed for light to medium traffic areas.
- Chemical resistance
- Non-slip options
- Reduces dusting from bare concrete
- Marking areas for pedestrian aisles vs traffic aisles.
- Designated work cells
- Low maintenance
- Decorative options available
System installation overview – Basic (3) coat 20 – 25 mil. system
- Shot blast or diamond grind substrate
- Clean & fill joints with flexible polyurea.
- Patch cracks and divots
- Install (1) coat pigmented primer @ 8 mils.
- Install additional patching if necessary.
- Install (1) pigmented mid coat of epoxy @ 8 – 12 mils. – broadcast non-slip if desired.
- Install (1) top-coat pigmented chemical resistant urethane with integrated non-slip.
- Option to install traffic lines / demarcation lines.
- 18-24-hour cure.